Friday, October 21, 2011

MiG-21MF Czech Air Force


By Francis Lee






Academy 1/48 MiG-21MF

Recently I bought this kit for my birthday, after I check some hobby forums I found many comments of it that Academy did a wrong research. It is in fact, only the box art illustration is a MF and the whole kit is a MiG-21 Bis.
I try to figure out the problem but I feel that only expert can tell the different. Somehow I feel that it is a matter of "Belive it or not". of those comments crowded at hobby forums. Finally I decided to make one of those (MiG-21 MF & Bis).

This is a MiG-21 MF of Czech Airforce, The reason to choose the Czech is because there are lot of youtube videos of the Czech Mig-21. They still fly with this plane alot at airshows.

I plan to repaint the same model as a MiG-21 Bis. later on sometime with other decals.

Video of this model


(P.S. Here is a pic of my 1/72 Polish Mig-21 together with 1/48 Czech Mig-21, hopefully I can build up more MiG to take a pic of Old Warsaw Pact family)









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...