Sunday, November 20, 2011

German Panzerjager Marder 1

By Francis Lee

1/35 Trumpeter Scale Model

Diorama background:
On 10 June 1944, German Wehrmacht & the US troops started a bloodly war in Carentan of France, the defending German force attempted to hold the city long enough to allow reinforcements from the south to arrive. This tank hunter; Panzerjager 39(H) Marder I & crews were hidden in a broken hut and wait for it's prey.

The model:
This is rather old product of Trumpeter model that the box art illustration was very ugly, but the small photos of this completed tank look very nice at
one side of the box so I decided to buy it finally and the quality is nice.
This tank is very small & funny, all bits & pieces are crowded together in a little captured French Hotchkiss tanks. the hulls were converted to serve as the self-propelled mount for the 75mm PAK 40/3 anti-tank gun. This vehicle was designated Sd.Kfz.135 Panzerjager 39(H) Marder I.

The broken hut was full scratch built by card board paper. While I cut out the card board I cut my fingers as well!! Oops~

Video of this diorama:















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...