Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hamburg Miniature Wunderland

by Kasper Fischer






Hamburg Miniature Wunderland is one of the worlds most impressive models in the world. It's actually also one of Germany's most visited tourist attractions. Unfortunately it's not so well know in the model world. Just the amount of scratch-build models they had to produce to make Knuffingen Airport is simply mind blowing. For all of you guys that don't know what I'm on about, I have included their official introduction video.


Following the construction of the airport has really got me excited to see it IRL so I have decided to visit. The second weekend in September I will go to Hamburg and see it with my own eyes and keeping in the right spirit, I bought train tickets. I will remember to bring the video camera and make a report for Modellours Workshop.




I'm really looking forward to see how the landing and take-off looks because I've seen how much effort they put into getting it right and I've see some poor attempts on other layouts. It's apparently very hard to get it to look natural.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...