Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Saipan beach tank - Diorama of the Day

by Kasper Fischer


I love the this stuff!!! This is my kind of diorama and if I ever get up to par with these guys I will definitely get into stuff like this. The Sherman diorama reminds me of the range-target Sherman Rob Ferreira did some months ago. If you don't remember or haven't seen Rob's Sherman a needed link is here.

I really like to take the army and all the seriousness out of the models and create something more creative. In my humble opinion I think dirt, rust and decay always makes any model kit come alive and look much more interesting and eye-pleasing.

This Sherman was created by Miklós Sikora & Peter Horvath from Cobra Modelling Club. If you wish to see the pictures of the original tank, click here.









4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing Diorama! What did you use for the water? It is the best I've seen.
Thanks
Dean

Unknown said...

It looks like resin.

Unknown said...

Yes, certainly is resin but is that Polyester resin, woodland scenics etc, etc. Would also be interested to know what pigments, dyes were used to get the colour right.
Cheers

Unknown said...

Yes, certainly is resin but is that Polyester resin, woodland scenics etc, etc. Would also be interested to know what pigments, dyes were used to get the colour right.
Cheers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...