Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Arado Ar-196 paint-scheme

by Kasper Fischer



I have been looking at the new Revell Ar-196 for some time now. Well, since it was released and I have read a lot of good reviews about the kit and judging from the beautiful pictures posted by Michael Rieß earlier on MW, the details are spot on. The only problem I have with the kit is that I don't really like to do German WWII models so I have been researching to find some alternatives.


Here a few of the decal solutions I found. The white is suppose to be a civilian version but it seems odd considering the mounted machine gun. I also found a Japanese, a French and a Bulgarian military version.






Another and a lot more fun paint-scheme and decal solution is a version I found in-between the pages of Tintin. All the aircraft from the Tintin comics have been printed as decals but so far I haven't been able to find the Ar-196 in 1/32 scale. I will be on the look-out though.


 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...